Wednesday, November 25, 2009

"Just a matter of time, I suppose..."


Documentation for "Autodesk® Revit® for Film and Stage" has been posted on the AU 2009 Website! Link here and another here compliments of Dropbox. And another set of links has been added just to the right (over there - to the right of this post...above the t-shirt), including a link to Eddy Krygiel's session, "Using Autodesk® Revit® and 3ds Max® Design for Daylighting".

It's a largish PDF (33mb) file and at nearly 40 pages I'm really glad Autodesk isn't printing documents this year. No - not because trees have souls (Ents have souls, but that's another story...). It's simply that the color and resolution of an electronic file is such a better customer experience and they're saving a lot of money and resources in the process.

There is a link at the bottom of the cover page to some associated Revit files. But no links to any of the actual set designs (sorry - them's the rules).

Overall, I owe an extraordinary debt to Bryan Sutton, who has been extremely gracious and patient during some tough times (tougher than you know). He's obviously Canadian - but this is way above the required level of niceness mandated by the Canadian government. And this session would not have been possible without his direction, input and sense of humor!

While I've seen some pretty incredible work in Revit over the last 10 years or so, Bryan Sutton has taken Revit and elevated it's use to an art form - by no means an easy task. There's a joyful elegance to the linework, color and geometric attention to detail. And in this sense, I really don't know of anyone that has accomplished more with Revit.

Like guitar makers that sponsor accomplished musicians to play their instruments, Autodesk should sponsor Bryan Sutton! :)

See everyone in a few days! AU2009 is nearly here!

2 comments:

naranjo01 said...

Thanks to Autodek 98% of Revit user can't model this way. the other 2%; the few, the proud, but not the marines.

filippos said...

Amazing post,

P.S.

Philip is a Greek name and the correct spelling is with double p and not double l.